The software field is a dynamic growing area. This webinar focuses on the challenges that software companies face in protecting their innovations both in the US and other important jurisdictions. Topics include:
• Key IP value drivers for a start-up or small software company
• Most common IP mistakes made by software entrepreneurs and software companies
• Working with outside developers - key IP terms in agreements
• Dealing with complexities of open source software
• Issues encountered with off-shore development
• Budgeting for a software company IP program
The panel for this discussion include Liz Fortier, Mitch Coopet, and Justin McCarthy. Liz Fortier is currently the General Counsel for the data technology company, Lucid, and has nearly 20 years of experience in providing a variety of in-house legal expertise to software based companies. Mitch Coopet is a technologist and co-founder of Code42 and more recently, the founder and CEO of the artificial intelligence company, aftercode. Justin McCarthy is a Principal attorney at the Schwegman firm and provides an assortment of IP services for multiple software companies.